Sir, It Will Take 3 to 5...

牛: Hi, I would like to close off this travel card.
ANZ: Sure, could I please get some ID?
牛: Here you go.
*Few minutes pass*
ANZ: Alright, everything is done. I'll fax off the form and it should be processed within the next 3 to 5 hours. Since it's nearly five o'clock, you might not see the funds until tomorrow. Anything else I can help you with?
牛: No, that's fine thank you.

牛: Hi, I came last week and closed off a travel card. I was told that it should have processed by now but I still haven't received the funds. Is there anyway you could chase it up for me?
ANZ: Um...sure, could I have some ID?
牛: Here you go.
*Few minutes pass*
ANZ: Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do for you here because the processing is done by another department. I'll re-fax the form just in case they haven't received it.
牛: Um...OK. Then when should I expect the money to be in my account?
ANZ: Well, as standard it should take only 3 to 5 working days so maybe next Thursday or Friday?
牛: 3 to 5 working days? But last time the lady said only 5 hours and it should be ready the next day...
ANZ: I'm not sure what's the story with that but it should be 3 to 5 working days.
牛: OK, fine. I'll wait.

牛: Hi, I closed off a travel card two weeks back and it doesn't seem like it's been processed yet.
ANZ: Sorry sir, but closing off a travel card can take up to 3 weeks.
牛: ...3 weeks? But I was told only 3 to 5 working days...
ANZ: Really? Who was it last time that you saw?
牛: Well, the first time was a lady sitting over there and the second time last week was a gentlemen over on the far right...
ANZ: I see. Well, let me see if I can check on the progress for you. Could I have some ID?
牛: Here you go.
*Few minutes pass*
ANZ: OK, I've checked with the department and your application form has been received. There's nothing I can do to speed it up but it should be in your account within the next week.
牛: OK, thanks.

Q: How long does it take to close of an ANZ travel card?
A: Depends on who you ask it seems...for me, it started as 3 to 5 working hours then 3 to 5 working days and now 3 to 5 working weeks. I'm afraid next time the answer will be 3 to 5 working months then 3 to 5 working decades. Never going to see my money...T_T
3 Responses
  1. Come to think of it, our money hasn't come back as well! OMG, we should really complained! I closed off ours in the 1st week back,how?
    :(


  2. Unknown Says:

    hahaha.. tat's funny.. :p


  3. 老大牛 Says:

    yun ying: don't worry...takes up to 3 weeks right? if things haven't settled by next friday then just complain again lor...

    ck: when i get my money back and i look back, i will think it's funny. but at the moment, i just want my money back!! :'(