4th Year Placements

4th year placements came out today. Mixed feelings right now. On the one hand, I'm quite happy with the places I got. Mostly MMC (haha, I'm not very adventurous and very content with staying in my niche) except Psych at Box Hill. The bit I'm not very happy with is the faculty has decided to separate me and Yeu Sheng =( Our units are TOTALLY different! She's doing GP and Psych first semester and I'm in second semester! Which means no matter what I try to do, I won't be able to get the same rotations as her. The other thing that pisses me off is that pretty much all my group members are ang mo or ABCs...dunno why but I'm never with any civilized people. Another problem is that Yeu Sheng has one month in Paeds at Frankston. Still trying to figure out how the hell she will get there everyday T_T

But I shouldn't complain too much. We both got MMC for O&G which seems like hot potatoes right now and also looking at the list, there are people who have been placed at Frankston or rural for the whole year against their wishes. Maybe the placements we got are already the lucky ones...
1 Response
  1. yeuyeu Says:

    I guess this is a sign from the higher power that I need to learn to become more independent =) Without you, I will have to learn to track the patient files and obs+drugs charts for the ward rounds T_T