|
Cardioversion is fun.
Last night we had a patient with STEMI came into the resus cubicle. Had already been in VF once en route and was shocked by the paramedics. Shortly after arriving he degenerated into VF again. We successfully reverted him to VT with a good output and intubated him. We called the cardio reg and continued to bag him but over the course of half an hour, he went into VF and lost his output over 10 times and each time we managed to revert him to VT. Guess who pushed the switch? Me :-D:-D And it was so much fun... I felt like I was in house or something.
Anyway, the poor guy had a totally occluded LAD and the couldn't get it back open in the cath lab. Don't think he will do well.



Hey Dr Lau, enjoying ED(?) it seems! No more doing CPR you but pushing the switch heh.. Sounds like exciting.
Seeya soon.
I'm sure if he needed CPR I would be one of the people pushing on his chest :-D