|
I've found something else that I hate today. I received a call from the Australian Red Cross asking for monthly donations today; they managed to get my details from a one off donation I made to the Nepalese Earthquake appeal. This isn't the only charity organisation that makes "cold calls" to their donors to try and get more money. I have been donating to make-a-wish for two years now and they regularly call me to ask for more. "Sir, all we are asking is for another 5 dollars a month, an easily manageable amount" And after I increase? Another call several months later with the same request. Before you know it, the donation amount is OUT OF CONTROL! The worst bit is how difficult it is to say no on the phone. They try to guilt-trip you into donating by playing down the monthly amount and saying how significant it can mean to the people the help. If you don't increase your donation amount, you're a bad person. And if you say no? They still don't let you hang up the phone and try to convince you another way. It has come to the point where I have had to change my phone number with make-a-wish so that they can't actually call me with these harassment calls. Seriously, if this is how charity organisations work, I'm surprised anyone still donates in this day and age.



i have had people who asked me for 'monthly donations' requiring me to give my details there and then on the spot (in public). trying to make me feel guilty? i said no and just walked away, thick-skinned so wat...
Next time say soli soli no engrish