Still in NZ?

The Australian government kindly sent me a letter telling me they have cut my healthcare card and centrelink payments just last weekend. Why is this? The letter said it was because I have not been in the country and as such do not have rights to such benefits. It also told me that if in the near future, I am to return back to Australia, I should give them a call so they can reactivate my account. o_O

I called them today and the guy on the other side asked me "Sir, are you back in Australia now?" to which I replied, "Yes, my trip to New Zealand was only ten days. I came back a long time ago." 心里在想,“不然我怎样上学?”After typing on his computer for several moments, he then says, "Now this is interesting. The immigration has records of you leaving for New Zealand but none for your return. Did you come back using your Australian passport?" I replied, "Er, yes." Finally after about 5 minutes of asking this and asking that, the guy concluded, "OK sir, I will have to transfer this case to another department and they will sort things out with immigration and reactivate your account. When they've done that, they'll give you a call." I then asked, "Oh, when could I expect this callback?" which he answered, "In about a week's time." *END*

Haha...the government is so efficient at cutting off benefits but so slow at reactivating them. Put all their efforts into the wrong things... So since I'm technically still in NZ, does this mean I can skip ward rounds tomorrow??? =P
0 Responses